vallee.xyz / ey3ball.net
- Florian Vallée
- I'm 32
- Proud father of one son since 2017
- I currently live in Bordeaux (France)
- I've lived in varous places including Angers (FR), Nantes (FR), Paris (FR), London (UK)
- I've seen Geneva, Cardiff, Bristol, Amsterdam, San Francisco, Lisbon, New York, Brussels, Seoul, Osaka, Tokyo
Ask for my resume (See say Hi)
- Embedded software / Linux software engineer, Free software enthusiast
- I'm versatile - Hack me anything
- Currently employed by Fieldbox.ai where I build a data warehousing / data science backend used in various industries. We use Erlang/OTP.
- Previously employed by Delair where I wrote drone middleware for Linux. Had my fair share of C++14 there.
- Before Delair acquired us I used to build embedded linux distributions, applications and bare metal software for Eukrea
I mainly wrote C and Python code there, as well as bitbake recipes and device-trees
- Previously worked at Oberthur technologies on mobile "security" topics, whatever that meant
- Previously worked with Sigma Designs on accelerated media playback, had a great time there with the gang
- I graduated from TELECOM ParisTech (Telecommunications, Embedded systems), then obtained an MSc from Imperial College (London) (Communications / DSP)
- I used to be an angry sysadmin at Rezel
My stuff :
- Here's my failed attempt at a technical blog : it has one fine article.
- I hack around on various stuff, I like learning new programming
techniques, mainly out of curiosity. This is not always backed by
My current interest include :
- Leveling up in Python 3 which is my go-to language these days. I completed the advent of code 2019 in python
Trying to make some sense out of modern C++. I
definitely gave up on that one. If you've got a choice my personal take is that the only
sane decision is NOT to use C++.
- Becoming proficient in Rust. Getting familiar with the language with some linux projects. My goal is to experiment with Rust on microcontrollers ultimately
- Learning Elixir
- I'm always messing with anything Linux
Say Hi !
You can reach me on the Internet, more specifically :
Twitter (although I rarely have anything useful to say apart from the occasional rant)
Ask for florian on vallee.xyz or ey3ball.net port 25